Monday, 5 January 2015

Properties forComapare field validations

Properties of Required field validations for Dropdown list is bit different from textbox.
Following are the properties need to be set in Dropdown list and for Required Field Validator.

<asp:CompareValidator ID="CompareValidator2" runat="server"
ErrorMessage="Same as mobile"  Display="Dynamic" SetFocusOnError="True"
ForeColor="Red" ValidationGroup="sub"                                        ControlToValidate="txt_alt_no" ControlToCompare="txt_mob_no"                          Operator="NotEqual"></asp:CompareValidator>

Terms Used:
ErrorMessage:              Message to be displayed to show error.
SetFocusOnError:        So that cursor remains on the textbox which has error.
ValidationGroup:         It should be same as validation of button on whose click event action   on the textbox will be take.
ControlToValidate:      Name of Textbox on which validation is to be applied.                     
ForeColor:                   Color in which error is displayed.
ControlToCompare:      Name of Textbox from which it has to compare.

Operator:                     Compare operator(compairing for greater than /equivalent/smaller than).


Summary
In this article I try to expose the Compare Field Validation. I hope after reading this article you will be able to use this trick in your code. I would like to have feedback from my blog readers. Please post your feedback, question, or comments about this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment